Motor adapter redesign




Here is my flywheel adapter redesigned to use a 1610 taper-lock and Modified Taperlock sprocket. I plan to install the taper lock with the setscrews facing the motor so the clutch pressure will press the adapter on tigher instead of trying to pull it off. The other big change is since the center of the sprocket is larger dia then the pilot of the flywheel I plan to use 2 dowels to locate the flywheel on the adapter. (one is in the flywheel from the factory. I'll have to add the other). I also plan to put a bushing/spacer between the motor and taperlock so the clutch force can push the assy forward.

Anyway I have attached a 3D screen shot and a drawing of the adapter for your review
Parts below Purchased from McMaster Carr
Taper-lock Bushing- Bore Steel Sprocket # 60: 2590K83
Taper-lock Bushing, Size 1610 1-1/8 bore: 57095k164
Aluminum Plate (6061) 5/8 x 12 x12": 8975K159

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Removing the volts front seats.

Blower module

Zilla and Warp9 (Sold):