Picked up batteries. P/S pump install




Ok things are busy and I'm not in a big hurry to finish as I enjoy having a project. So after some family vacations and more repairs on my ICE cars I did get back to the electric car.

Update:
The Batteries I decided I wanted to use were Deka 9A31. Nearest dealer for them was 90 miles from my house in NC (I live in the middle of nowhere). I called them to see if I could come by and pick some up and they referred me to the dealer that "covered" my area. Well the dealer that "covered my area" was in TN and I'm in VA. So I don't see how that worked. But after some discussion they decided to let me pick them up at the closer site in NC. Thursday I took my SUV and trailer down. I had to pick up the wife and kids at the Charlotte airport that direction anyway.

Well on the way down my trusty trailer, that I've had for years and towed thousands of miles, decided to start shedding parts. After being signaled by another motorist I found I'd lost a fender and had the light and license plate were dragging on the ground. Humm... Nice. Not a good start. Everything else went fine but I wondered how the airport security felt about me rolling up with a tarped trailer to pick up my family

Progress has also been made on the hydraulic brake booster install. It is mounted and attached to the pedal. I also mounted the MR2 power steering pump. I think this turned out well. I mounted it right behind the headlight in an area that I couldn't user for batteries. It's also on the side so if there are spills or leaks fluid won't get on any electronics. I've ordered the fittings and lines to make some custom lines (race car style) to hook it together.

Batteries purchased from East Penn Manufacturing. High Point NC

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Removing the volts front seats.

Blower module

Zilla and Warp9 (Sold):